Laura is a sought-after consultant and leadership coach with over 30 years of experience. Founding principal of the Claros Group, her diverse client roster spans the private, non-profit, and public sectors, including The National Basketball Players Association, The Oregon Shakespeare Festival, The Permanente Medical Group, the Santa Monica-Malibu School District and the Santa Cruz County Community Foundation
With a unique combination of rigor and flexibility, inquiry and truth telling, wisdom and beginner’s mind, Laura creates an environment in which clients can do the hard work of stepping in and stepping up.
Her clients are:
- Ready to discern and act on what matters most
- Smart, no nonsense, willing to work on their own stuff
- Looking for a thought partner to challenge their assumptions and spark new thinking
To encourage learning and collaboration, Laura Peck Consulting emphasizes:
- Curiosity over certainty
- Appreciation over criticism
- Useful distinctions over simple agreement
- Dialogue over debate
- Experiments over perfect solutions
- Risk-taking over playing it safe
Laura is a Philadelphia native who moved to the Bay Area in a beat up old Datsun in 1972 and never looked back. She is a graduate of Cornell University and the UC Berkeley School of Public Health. She has a penchant for straight talk and an innate ability to ask powerful questions and connect with just about anyone. Laura is also a dedicated Iyengar yoga student and teacher. Proud mother and grandmother, she lives in the East Bay with an amazing chef who doubles as her husband.